Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Alan Dow's Passing

Alan & Lois Dow


Alan & Lois Dow, Lung Transplant Christmas Party, Toronto General Hospital, December, 2006


It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Alan Dow as announced by his wife Lois in the notice below, who passed away before matching donor lungs became available. He was on the waiting list for a lung transplant since the summer of 2006. I became good friends with Alan and Loie my heart is heavy today. Please join me in expressing our deepest sympathy and condolences to Loie and family. Merv.

“Hello Everyone: I wanted to let you know that my Alan, the love of my life passed away this morning at 5:30 am (Sept. 25, 2007)after a very tough struggle with the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Landyn, our son was with me as he has been through it all and Susie, my friend from back home has been so good to come and help when we were doing the round the clock care for Alan. He was so courageous and strong and I am so proud of him. I know he is at peace and is not suffering. Unfortunately his match for lungs did not come in time.

We thank the Toronto General Hospital Lung Transplant Team of Doctors, Respirologists, Surgeons, Nurses, Physiotherapists and everyone else who has helped us along the way in hopes of the gift of life miracle.

Alan will be resting at the Fawcett-McEachern Funeral Home* in the town of Durham on Thursday from 2 to 4 pm and 7 to 9 pm and the funeral will be on Friday, September 28th at 1 pm at our Church, the Durham Presbyterian, with interment at Durham Cemetery. There will be lunch following at the Durham Legion afterwards.

On behalf of Alan and myself, I send our love and caring to all our Dear Dear Friends who have been so kind and made us feel so loved. You all certainly are like family to us and for that we were always so thankful and I still am.

We wish you all the best- to our pre and post transplant friends.
Please know we are thinking of you all and send our love. Thank you for everything. May God Bless.

Love Loie and Alan in spirit.”

*Fawcett- McEachern Funeral Home 124 Garafraxa St. S Durham, Ontario Canada N0G 1R0 Phone : (519) 369-3540
Fax : (519) 369-5835)


“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”

Download Donor Cards from Trillium Gift of Life Network

Download Donor Cards from OrganDonor.Gov

No comments: