TORONTO SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS – Wednesdays at 11am –
Pre & Post Transplant patients please read this:
The support group has a pre-transplant focus and is intended for pre-transplant patients/families and those who are up to about 3 months post-transplant. All post lung transplant patients are invited to attend any meeting where a there is a speaker of interest to them. Support persons may attend all meetings. Out of town patients who have the opportunity to attend only during occasional visits to the hospital for tests and assessments, or when there is a speaker of interest to them, should feel welcome to come at any time.
Cystic Fibrosis patients who are Cepacia negative may attend from the 1st to the 15th of the month. CF Cepacia positive patients may attend meetings from the 16th to the end of the month.
Time & Location: Wednesdays at 11:00AM - Toronto General Hospital, Astellas Pharma Conference Room (previously named: “Fujisawa Conference Room”), NCSB 11C- Room 1135 (11th Floor). (NCSB - New Clinical Services Building, - take elevators from University lobby)
- November 07 - General Meeting
- November 14 - Speaker - A team member from the ICU will discuss aspects of care in the ICU post transplant
- November 21 - General Meeting
- November 28 - SPECIAL EVENT - Open meeting - Cheque presentations to Dr. Shaf Keshavjee of funds raised during the Breathe in Life Walk and Lung Transplant Golf Tournament. There will also be a tribute to the late Peter Laurence, past chair of the golf tournament.
- December 05 - General Meeting
- December 12 - Lung Transplant Christmas Party 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.* For pre and post transplant patients, the Transplant Team, ICU and OR staff are invited to our pot luck celebration. Please bring finger foods for sharing. *PLEASE NOTE: CF Cepacia-negative patients from 10AM to 12PM - CF Cepacia-positive patients from 12Pm to 2PM
- December 19 - General Meeting
- January 02 - Speaker: A pharmacy team member will discuss transplant medications and answer questions
- January 16 - Speakers: Cathy Whytehead, RN & Meny DAvies, RN, Pre-transplant coordinators, will disucss their roles within the lung team, as well as pre-transplant care
- January 23 - Speaker: Dr. Lianne Singer, Medical Director, Toronto Lung Transplant Program, will discuss medical aspects of lung transplantation
- January 30 - Speakers: Susan Chernenko, APN, and Nikki Marks, APN, will discuss their roles within the team
- February 06 - Speakers: Debbie Zogalo, RN and Josie Dorosz, RN, post-transplant coordinators will discuss their roles within the lung team as well as post-transplant care
- February 13 - General Meeting
- February 20 - Open Meeting - Special event In memory of Marilyn Page and in recognition of the generous donation by Rogers Cable Communications Inc. to the Pre-Transplant Lung Support & Education Group in her honour. Light refreshments will be served.
- February 27 - General Meeting / Film
February , 2008
KITCHENER-WATERLOO AREA SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS start at 7:30 P.M. the second Tuesday of every month (no meetings in July/August) and are held at the home of Denise & Marcel Secours, 81 Southmoor Drive in Kitchener, Ontario. For more info please call Denise Secours at 519 578-0288 or email Denise. Denise will give you directions or you can use Google Maps or MapQuest if you prefer.
“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”