From coast to coast, Canadians took the time from their busy schedules to pay tribute to troops and veterans at home and overseas with thousands of heartfelt notes. "This pint of blood is a small appreciation to you," says one donor, "for a brave and dangerous job you are all doing." And another: "I am wearing red every Friday as are my three grandsons. Come home safe."
When OPERATION ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES kicked-off in late October, Canadian Blood Services hoped to exceed last year's "in honour" campaign that gathered over 2,900 signed cards. The year's overwhelming response is a strong message of how proud Canadians are of our Canadian Forces.
- Dr. Graham Sher, CEO, Canadian Blood Services
- General Rick Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff
- Gaetan Dallaire, Blood donor and father of fallen soldier
- WHEN: Tuesday, December 12th, 2006 8:00 a.m.
- WHERE: Canadian Blood Services Head Office
1800 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa