Monday, May 04, 2009

Lung transplant recipient designs beautiful jewelry

From left: Chris Sanborn, Bette Luksha-Gammell, Merv Sheppard
Lung transplant recipients all
Bette is wearing the hand-made pendant that caught my eye.
(Click on image for larger photo).

I attended a meeting of lung transplant recipients in San Francisco recently and that's where I first met Bette Luksha-Gammell. She was wearing an exquisite green ribbon pendant that immediately caught my eye. When she said she made it herself I was amazed. Every day after that Bette showed up wearing another of her designs.

Bette has had a double-lung transplant, a single-lung transplant and a kidney transplant. I was so impressed with how she has taken hold of her life following these three transplants and did something positive with it I decided to promote her here on my blog. Check out her on-line store.

After receiving my life-saving transplant my outlook on life has changed. I believe that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and that we are presented with just what we can manage. Bette is a wonderful example of how to deal with the challenges that face us and it is my great pleasure to have met her.

Once again, here's the link to her on-line store:
http://www.gemscrystalsandwire.com.

“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”

Register to be a donor in Ontario or Download Donor Cards from Trillium Gift of Life Network
For other Canadian provinces click here

In the United States, be sure to find out how to register in your state at ShareYourLife.org or Download Donor Cards from OrganDonor.Gov

In Great Britain, register at NHS Organ Donor Register

In Australia, register at Australian Organ Donor Register

Your generosity can save up to eight lives with heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, pancreas and small intestine transplants. One tissue donor can help up to 100 other people by donating skin, corneas, bone, tendon, ligaments and heart valves

No comments: