Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008

This was the view that greeted me when I looked out my kitchen window New Year's day. How was it where you live?
2007 was an excellent year for organ and tissue donation awareness with extensive media coverage from around the world, as reported in the headlines I've been posting here. And 2008 should bring even greater awareness as the message spreads to more and more people about the importance of signing their donor cards or driver's licenses, etc. The Rose Parade was an excellent kick-off with the Donate Life float winning a prize for the float having the most dramatic impact and the TV announcers were very moved by the stories of donors and recipients. If you haven't seen the float there's a photo in a previous post.

Best wishes to all who are waiting for a transplant. May your "gift of life" come swiftly to you.

“You Have the Power to Save Lives –Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”

Download Donor Cards from Trillium Gift of Life Network

Download Donor Cards from OrganDonor.Gov

Your generosity can save up to eight lives through organ donation and enhance another 50 through tissue donation

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a member of an organ donor family I believe that most people will donate if they have all the right information. I lost my wife a year ago, Norma was a organ and tissue donor. She save the lives of 7 people and has helped many more.If people know how much they can help others I believe they would donate