Planning on coming to the picnic? Please provide the information requested below as soon as you can. We need your information for name badges and to order the supplies. If you can’t decide right now because of health or other reasons please feel free to come at the last minute. We will register you on site and will have extras for late arrivals. Thanks, Merv.
(if you’ve already responded, thanks!)
The annual picnic is Sunday, June 24 at the same location as in the past years, Huron Park, Mississauga, starting at 12noon.
- Location: 830 Paisley Blvd. W (between Queensway and Dundas St. W. west of Mavis. (photos from past picnics: 2004 Photos, 2005 Photos and 2006 Photos).
- Please respond to me by E-mail or phone me (Merv Sheppard) at 519-746-1444. (Brochures are available at Toronto General Hospital in the Treadmill Room, 12floor clinic area and the Pulmonary Function Lab)
- Volunteers will be needed to help set-up & take-down on the day of the picnic. If you can help before or after please let me know by email or phone 519-746-1444. If helping to set up please arrive by 11am. Thanks, Merv.
- Let us know the names of the individuals in your party for name badge purposes. Include the name of your organization if you are representing one.
- If you are a pre or post-transplant recipient please let us know this and the date and type of your transplant (double-lung, single-lung or heart & lung) for the name badge.
- Bring your own lawn chairs, coolers and beverages.
- Bring a pot-luck accompaniment such as a salad, desert, rolls, snacks or whatever else you prefer.
- We will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, condiments, plates, cups, cutlery, napkins, etc.
- Let us know how many each of hot dogs, sausages and hamburgers your party will require.
- Vegetarian? If you prefer a vegetarian burger, hot dog, etc. please bring your own and we will BBQ it for you.
- A donation will be collected to help defray expenses.
- If you are on oxygen please make sure you have an adequate supply.
- RESTROOMS are a 5 minute walk or a few seconds car ride to clean, indoor facilities at the recreation center. There are no portables on site, which is just as well since we have to be so vigilant about sanitation.
- Please respond to me ASAP but no later than June 21st.
E-mail or phone me (Merv Sheppard) at 519-746-1444. (Brochures are available at Toronto General Hospital in the Treadmill Room, 12floor clinic area and the Pulmonary Function Lab)
The BBQ is a great opportunity to socialize with others in the transplant community and is open to pre and post-lung transplant recipients, their supports, friends, families, the transplant team, hospital staff and related parties. I'm looking forward to seeing you there! Merv.
“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”