Thursday, February 02, 2006

I had a great time in Toronto last night!

Christine & Merv SheppardJust how important family is to someone's life really hits home when you have a chance to get together with loved ones you don't see regularly. It was wonderful to have a visit with my daugher Christine yesterday. She is staying at the Royal York Fairmont Hotel in downtown Toronto this week to attend a convention (she's Executive Director of the Alberta Library Association). Many of my fellow lung transplant recipients and their supports will remember Chris because she flew in from Calgary to be my support for five weeks post transplant. She gives her regards and says hello to everyone.

Bob, Gary, Chris, Fran Chris and husband Gary, my brother Bob (another support person for me) his wife Fran and I went out for a fabulous dinner at Joe Badali's, an Italian restaurant just west of the Royal York on Front Street. The service and attention to our party was terrific and the food was delicious. A good time was had by all except I'm a bit tired today because my head didn't hit the pillow back here in Waterloo until almost 2 a.m..But it was well worth it! (this picture was taken in Chris & Gary's suite at the hotel)

No comments: