Friday, July 25, 2008

Organ recipient to throw first pitch at Toronto Blue Jays Game

If you are going to be in the Toronto area this coming Sunday, July 27th, why not take in the Blue Jays game with the Seattle Mariners at 1pm and help support Cystic Fibrosis and organ donation awareness? Sarah Gordon sent me the following note which is another fine example of organ recipients wasting no time in "giving back" by raising awareness for organ donation and the condition that caused their transplant.

"Hi Merv,
HI, my name is Sarah Gordon and I have cystic fibrosis, and 22 years old and had a double lung transplant on Jan. 10th 2008. I just wanted to let you know that I am throwing out the first pitch at the Blue Jays game on Sunday July 27th. I am doing this in hopes to raise awareness of cystic fibrosis and organ transplantation. I was told by Dr. Chaparro that you were really active with organ donation awareness and activities involving transplant recipents so I wanted to let you know about this great opportunity I have. Hopefully some people can come to the game! Sarah."

“You Have the Power to Save Lives – Sign Your Donor Card & Tell Your Loved Ones of Your Decision”

Register to be a donor in Ontario or Download Donor Cards from Trillium Gift of Life Network
For other Canadian provinces click here

In the United States, be sure to find out how to register in your state at ShareYourLife.org or Download Donor Cards from OrganDonor.Gov

Your generosity can save up to eight lives through organ donation and enhance another 50 through cornea and tissue donation

No comments: