Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

My Mother, Evelyn Sheppard

Evelyn Sheppard


Today we honor our mothers who have given us so much in life. For some of us, we can only remember our mothers by paying some sort of a tribute, such as the person that took out a full page ad in our local paper. But many of us have mothers still living and we can do something special to show our love and appreciation for all they have done. We can give them a gift, pay a visit or take them to brunch or dinner. Sometimes distance means we can only show our moms how much we care by making a phone call or sending a card or flowers. Whatever your situation is I hope you will remember your mother today.

For me, I was able to visit my mother who is still living in her own home. She will be 92 this year and although Alzheimer’s is starting to set in, she is in great health and spirits. Happy Mother's Day Mom and thanks for everything.

No comments: