TORONTO SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS – Wednesdays at 11am – Pre & Post Transplant patients please read:
The support group has a pre-transplant focus and is intended for pre-transplant patients/families and those who are up to about 3 months post-transplant. All post lung transplant patients are invited to attend any meeting where a physician is speaking.
Support persons may attend all meetings.
Cepacia negative patients may attend from the 1st to the 15th of the month. Cepacia positive patients may attend either meeting from the 16th to the end of the month.
Out of town patients who have the opportunity to attend only during occasional visits to the hospital should feel welcome to come at any time.
Meeting Schedule - September and October, 2005 (subject to change without notice.)
- September 7th Sarah Greenwood – relaxation techniques
- September 14th - General Meeting
- September 21st - Special Event: Dr. Shaf Keshavjee, Director, Toronto Lung Transplant Program , will attend and be presented a check by post-transplant patients, Kim Cassar, Peter Laurence and Merv Sheppard, who, along with other volunteers, organized a very successful golf tournament to raise funds for transplant research. This is an open meeting and everyone is invited. Let's have a good turnout in support of Dr. Keshavjee and his team.
- September 28th - Speaker: Post transplant coordinators, Debbie Zogalo and Josie Dorosz
- October 5th - Speaker: Transplant Pharmacist will discuss transplant medications and answer questions
- October 12th - General Meeting
- October 19th - Sarah Greenwood – relaxation techniques
- October 26th - Speaker: Lung transplant Civitan members will update us on their work and their goals designed to assist lung transplant patients
Meetings are at 11am, 11th floor west, Room 1135 NCSB
(NCSB - New Clinical Services Building, Toronto General Hospital - take elevators from University lobby)
Maureen O'Dell MSW RSW
Social Worker, Multi Organ Transplant Program
Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network
200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2C4
Tel: (416) 340-4800 ext 4612
"WAITING IN HOPE” Mondays 11am to 12 Noon in NCSB 12C Room 1202, Toronto General Hospital - "Waiting in Hope" offers a place for patients and/or support persons to gather together and share their experience and how it impacts their sense of spirituality, faith and understanding of life.
Info: Maureen O'Dell (see above)
KITCHENER-WATERLOO AREA SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS start at 7:30 P.M. the first Tuesday of every month and are held at the Lions Arena, (corner of Rittenhouse & Block Line Rd.) in Kitchener, Ontario. For more info please call Denise Secours at 519 578-0288.