Saturday, January 01, 2005

A New Year and a New Birth

Seasons greetings and a very happy and prosperous New Year!!!

I also wish to thank you for your Holiday cards, letters, faxes, e-mails and phone calls. My birthday fell near the end of December and I was absolutely overwhelmed that so many friends and readers of my newsletter and this web log remembered my birthday along with their seasonal greetings.

As a lung transplant recipient who will celebrate three glorious additional years of life this coming April, New Year's Day has a very special meaning. I can now proudly say I made it to the year 2005 and on New Year's Eve I really did have something very special to celebrate; it was a celebration of the birth of a New Year and my second chance at life, not only for myself but for all transplant recipients. Merv.

No comments: