- Fee Before May 20, 2007: $25 per person
- Fee Day of event: $30 per person
- Fee: Team for Transplant (4 people per team) $100
- Children under 10 years with a registered adult - free
- Register online at the website
- Registration on race day: 9:00AM to 9:45AM
- Walk Start time: 10:00 A.M. 1 km or 5 km walk for life
- Walkers with $25 in donations will receive a free t-shirt
- After Walk Party: Food, drinks, prizes and draws
Event organizer Anne Barbetta has just informed me of the following exciting news:
"I received some great news from the Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation office that I would appreciate you passing on in this final week before the walk. Rebecca Davies informed me that since all of the proceeds from the walk are going to support the establishment of Dr. Keshavjee's endowed research chair, the Foundation is going to match every donation made to benefit the walk in this final week. This means, of course, that someone can sponsor an individual with a donation of $20 and not only will they receive a tax receipt, but their donation will, in fact, really be worth $40!"
My heartfelt thanks go to those who have sponsored me for the walk. I'm up to $570 and hopefully I can raise that much again in this final week. Visit the website to pre-register for the walk or to sponsor me or another walker. Merv.
Below are the directions to Fairy Lake as posted on the website where you will also find a map.
- Take the 404 North to Newmarket. You will exit at the MULOCK DRIVE /VIVIAN ROAD exit- (EXIT 49)
- Turn LEFT (WEST) onto MULOCK DR / VIVIAN RD. Continue to follow MULOCK DR
- Turn RIGHT onto BAYVIEW AVE. (NORTH)
- Turn LEFT (WEST) onto WATER ST.
- Turn left into Fairy Lake parking lot. Addtitional parking is at the back of the park if you continue to follow the entrance road.
- Registration tables will be located near the entrance to the park, off Water Street, but there will be signs up to direct people (and look for the green balloons at the tables!).